Saturday 18 February 2012

Pure & Simple

Last year I began to do computer studies with Pure & Simple book one. It's really good!
In the first half of the book, it teaches about inputting commands. Using a program which is purchased when you buy the book (either Microworlds 2.0 or Microworlds EX depending on your operating system [Linux, Windows 7, Windows XP, etc.]).
Basically, you make animations, learn new inputting codes for this particular program, and things like that.
Then, later on, it begins to teach HTML coding. It shows you the basics, and then sets you a project to make your own HTML website. This is the one I made; (ignore the pop-up ads and whatnot)

It gets back to programing for the microworlds program for the rest of the book.

In Pure & Simple book two, I started out by making games using the Microworlds program. I made a maze, a hangman game, a race, and one where the player makes a city-type-thing.
Then, it got into 'internet basics' - the first two lessons of this section was googling information. And then it was time to make more websites!
I made one, and I got it to look really good, but then I found that it was supposed to just be a layout, and I was to use an actual website editor.
So I uploaded the one I made - and now I am in the process of making one for the website editor.
^ There's the link ^

So yeah, it's great for learning computer basics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, feel free to add a comment!
Please no swearing / inappropriate language etc., please.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!