Sunday 27 May 2012

Ah.. Music

Yesterday, I did an odd thing.

Well, odd for my family anyway.

I walked up to our cupboard of CD's, and started looking through the shelf of classical music.
Usually, my family an I listen to Rock and Pop music, but I pulled out classical music, I wanted something different.
To my absolute delight, I found a CD with some Mozart songs on it, and 3 of the tracks were songs written for 'Clarinet and Orchestra' so I can listen to some clarinet playing now. (My family gave me a couple of strange looks when they heard me listening to classical music haha)

Looking again, I was debating what to put on after I finished with my first CD I found.
Maybe I should put on Handel.
Or perhaps Beethoven.
Or maybe I could listen to Vivaldi.

I saw a thin CD cover, and pulled it out, wondering what it was. Tchaikovsky.

I pulled it out, and looked through the names of the tracks. A few familiar names popped up 'Nutcracker', 'Sleeping Beauty', '1812 Overture',

So I decided I'd try out this one.

I knew most of the songs from The Nutcracker, because I saw a Barbie version when I was little (you know, before Barbie went insane and started ruining movies and stuff, the nutcracker one they did is actually rather good) - anyway, I really enjoy this suite of music! It is entertaining, the mood varies, as does the type of music. Some of the time it's exciting, other times it's calm. It's happy, and sad. It's energetic, then soft. Oh and the whole suite goes for half an hour, so that's half an hour of happiness.

I haven't listened to other composers yet, so I can't pick a favourite, but Tchaikovsky was a genius.

Do you like to listen to classical music? Who's your favourite composer? Have you listened to Tchaikovsky before, and if so, what do you think of the Nutcracker Suite?

2 comments:

  1. Haha that is the complete opposite to my family, if I turn on popular music (which I do occasionally) then I get odd looks! So yes I have listened to classical music :P and I love Tchaikovsky, he writes great music... I am learning parts of his violin concerto at the moment and it is hard but fun! I also played a piece by him called Capriccio Italian in AdYO last term and it is a great piece! My favourite composer is probably Dvorak or maybe Shostakovitch. Or maybe Sibelius. I can't makr up my mind! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's funny.
      Wow that would be fun! Good luck with learning those bits :)

      Ah ok cool, I might look up some of their compositions :D

      Delete

Hey, feel free to add a comment!
Please no swearing / inappropriate language etc., please.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!