Sunday 20 July 2014

Daybook - No. 5

Outside my window...
It's dark. I'm having a late night - I couldn't get into the bathroom to have my shower until midnight, and then I made a cup of tea, and now I'm writing a blog post. I really should go to bed.

I am thankful...

That I was able to spend such a wonderful week in Adelaide recently. I saw some of my closest friends, and had a generally wonderful time - I'm in the middle of typing up more detailed blog posts, which will go up as soon as the photos from my Adelaide week arrive!

I am thinking...
About my upcoming exam, and a student concert which I will be playing in tomorrow.

Learning all the time...
I'm learning more and more that there are a lot more to people than what meets the eye.



From the kitchen...
Nothing right now.. I just had a cup of chai tea!


I am creating...
I've written down the themes to a couple of pieces of music, not sure where they'll go, though!

I am working on...
Staying positive, and thinking happy thoughts. I've found myself subconsciously playing the 'glad' game (from the book Pollyanna), where you find things to be happy about all the time. It's been working like a treat!

I am going...
To mass in the morning, then driving down to a student concert.

I am hoping...
That my ear will be unblocked soon. It's been blocked for over a week - if it stays blocked for much longer, I'll see about getting it checked out. I have a cold right now, so that may be why it's blocked, but I'm not sure.

I am praying...
That everyone's lives turn out wonderfully, and that their choices lead them to happiness.

I am pondering....

What will Sydney be like? How will my exam go?

I am reading...
The Dark is Rising Sequence - Over Sea, Under Stone - by Susan Cooper

I am listening to......
Dad talking to me about a television show.


I am hearing...
The hum of the highway


I am struggling...
With a couple of personal issues in regards to thoughts on relationships.

Around the house...
Everyone is sleeping.

One of my favourite things...
Currently Chai Tea!

A few plans for this week...

TAFE and conservatorium things.

A little peek at my day...
I woke up late, then had a video call with my teacher and did some aural training for my upcoming exam. I then relaxed, played piano, and just generally chillaxed. It was a nice day!


2 comments:

  1. Helena,

    Have you never been to Sydney before? If not, you'll have a big adventure! I hope your ear clears soon. It can't be easy practising music when you're unwell. We've got the same problem here. Hoping and praying everyone is better before the exams begin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue,

      I have been to Sydney once - but that was quite a few years ago, and I was with Dad the entire time. This time I'll be figuring out how to get places essentially on my own, so it could be interesting! Thank you, it isn't easy, no - I had a practice with my accompanist today, and it was a little frustrating, but I can live with it.
      Thanks again!

      Delete

Hey, feel free to add a comment!
Please no swearing / inappropriate language etc., please.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!