Sunday 23 August 2015

Certificate of Performance and Other Adventures

Hello lovely blog readers,

I apologize for not updating in so long! One of the reasons blogging has failed to come to my mind is because I have been studying and preparing for my Certificate of Performance on clarinet.

Backtracking to end of last year. I didn't, unfortunately, get into university. One of the reasons was that TAFE did a massive system upgrade, which also resulted in a massive system crash. Because I don't have a High School Certificate, I needed my Diploma I received at TAFE last year to get in to university, as an alternative proof of study. Unfortunately, the system crash meant that my results weren't processed properly. I received my certificate finally at the end of July, and my transcript just last week. Now I am in the process of applying, once again, for universities.

Due to the confusion of whether I was moving or not, I stopped taking lessons at the local conservatorium until a few weeks into the first term. I began lessons again at the end of February. At this point I decided I would take the plunge and attempt to prepare for my Certificate of Performance. My exam was held at the end of July.

I received a B!

I was over the moon with happiness, a B was a higher grade than I expected. I thought that I had taken on more than I could handle with this exam, but I managed to step up to the plate and perform as well as I could.

I also have started another course at TAFE - Certificate IV in Business. It's certainly out of my comfort zone, but I think I will learn many important skills from it. I am certainly looking forward to seeing what this course can offer me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, feel free to add a comment!
Please no swearing / inappropriate language etc., please.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!