Wednesday 28 May 2014

I Miss Google Reader

Because I am making a valiant attempt to get back into writing on my blog, I feel the need to get back into reading other people's blogs! I am following a fair few blogs, but actually going to read them has proven to be a bit of a struggle for me.

It was so easy back when Google Reader was running. I'd just click the tab 'Reader', after I checked my emails, and the layout made it incredibly easy to see and read all the blog posts that other bloggers had posted.

Unfortunately, since the removal of Google Reader, my interest in blogs slowly vanished. I didn't have a simple way to read blogs, so I stopped. I tried a couple of alternatives, but I was continuously forgetting about them, and thus I still wasn't reading the blogs.

So, I've started just using the Blogger homepage, and opening up people's blogs whenever I see they've posted something new. It isn't as simple as Google Reader, but at least I'm reading blog posts again.

The only problem I'm having is sometimes my Blogger 'reading list' on the my Blogger Dashboard comes up as empty. It doesn't recognize that I'm following any blogs, when I know for certain I am. It usually fixes itself up soon enough, though, so it isn't too much hassle.

Did you use to use Google Reader? What do you use to keep up with all your favourite blogs' posts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, feel free to add a comment!
Please no swearing / inappropriate language etc., please.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!