Sunday 8 June 2014

Concert!

Symphonic Wind Orchestra - Photo from the SYO Website.

I was lucky to have the opportunity recently to go and see the Peter Seymour Orchestra and the and the Symphonic Wind Orchestra (two of the Sydney Youth Orchestra's programs) live in concert the other day!

It was a thoroughly enjoyable concert, full of great music! It can be hard to believe that the members of the Orchestra were all highschool age!

The conductors were highly entertaining, as well. I loved how they talked about the pieces they were about to play, giving us a little bit of background for each one. When people do this, it helps me to connect with the piece of music.

I also noticed that the members of the orchestra, themselves, were enjoying themselves. Acting professionally, yes, but enjoying themselves, nonetheless. That, in itself, creates a nice performance.

This was possibly a once-off opportunity, getting tickets for so cheap to see an orchestra! I loved every minute, and I'm hoping I'll be able to see more orchestral performances in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, feel free to add a comment!
Please no swearing / inappropriate language etc., please.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!