Friday 27 June 2014

Hurting Others

It has come to my attention that people tend to hurt others. This post is in regards to hurting people's feelings, particularly, not really hurting people physically.

I have noticed, a lot, that people tend to get some sort of satisfaction from hurting others. For example, someone does something to deliberately hurt their 'ex' because they're their 'ex'. Or, Person #1 hurts Person #2 somehow, by their words, or actions, and then Person #2 turns around and hurts Person #1 to 'get even'.

The thing that I don't understand is, how does one acquire satisfaction from it? Is it really satisfying? How can people feel happy by hurting others?

People make comments like, 'Oh, we should definitely tell them this, because that would be funny!'. I don't think that they take into account that they're hurting another person. That this other person is, in fact, a human being, just like them, with a life, thoughts, and feelings. I can't get this out of my head, which is why I try my hardest to not hurt anybody. I know what it's like. It isn't a good feeling.

Now, I'm not saying I've never hurt someone to 'get even'. I tried it once. One and a half years ago. The result? I've had a deep feeling of regret ever since. I think I ruined one of the truest friendships I've ever had. Admittedly, yes, they technically 'took the first move', but I didn't need to respond the way I did. I didn't need to turn around and hurt them back. I can only hope that they know how sorry I am.

Hurting someone back is not something that 'just happens'. It is a conscious decision that we, as humans, make. If you find 'pleasure' in hurting another human beings by your words and/or actions, then I'm afraid that I will never understand you. Please just try to realise that all humans have feelings. All people dislike to be shunned, ignored, thrown insults at, or however else you can hurt someone. Also, remember, that just because you may be hurt, that doesn't give you a good enough excuse to turn around and hurt them. It's just not a good enough excuse.

Before you turn around and hurt someone, think to yourself: "Would I like this to happen to me?" Or, if it's already happened to you, why on Earth would you want to turn around and do the exact same thing back? You know how it felt.

I'm also not saying that these things should just be ignored. No. Try talking about it, and if that doesn't work, take further actions. What I'm trying to say is that it is wrong to try and 'get even' by deliberately hurting another human being.


What are your thoughts on this topic?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, feel free to add a comment!
Please no swearing / inappropriate language etc., please.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!